Friday, May 8, 2015

Let us understand Shincheonji and the Bible


The Truth and Freedom

Main reference: Jn 8:32-55


(Jn 8:32-55)
32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." 33 They answered him, "We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?" 34 Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know you are Abraham's descendants. Yet you are ready to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father's presence, and you do what you have heard from your father." 39 "Abraham is our father," they answered. "If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do the things Abraham did. 40As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the things your own father does." "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself." 42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? 47 He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God." 48 The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?" 49 "I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. 50 I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51 I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death." 52 At this the Jews exclaimed, "Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that if anyone keeps your word, he will never taste death. 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?" 54 Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word.

The following explains the conversation between Jesus and the Jews

Jesus said to the Jews “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free”. The Jews replied to this, saying, “We are Abraham's descendants and have never been slaves of anyone”. Then Jesus said, “Everyone who sins is a slave to sin”. Then he said, “A slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed”. He also said, “I know you are Abraham's descendants. Yet you are ready to kill me”. Jesus said again to the Jews, who were Abraham’s descendants, “I am telling you what I have seen in the Father's presence, and you do what you have heard from your father”.

Jesus said to the Jews that His father was different from the father of the Jews and that His father was God but the father of the Jews was the Devil. He was not talking about physical fathers, but saying that the spiritual fathers of the two were different. This means that although both Jesus and the Jews had bodies of flesh, the spirits in them and their fathers were different.

Even today, although people of The Christian Council of Korea (CCK) and congregation members of Shincheonji have bodies of flesh, they have different spirits and spiritual seeds in them, so their fathers are different as well. That is why people of CCK are persecuting and trying to kill congregation members of Shincheonji and have declared war against Shincheonji. If we make known the truth to them, the truth will set them free. We are aware that as they do not have the truth in them, they were unable to become people of freedom, instead, they became slaves to sin and therefore became our enemies. It is only possible for them to be free from sin and to escape from the Devil, their father, if the truth is in them.  

We are giving them the opportunity to be born again by giving them the truth. I am not speaking of my own accord and the words I say are not just my own. Rather, the Father who sent me commanded me to say these words. Now is the time of the end of Spiritual Israel and the time of re-creation. Only when one is harvested, sealed and born again, the true God will be his/her father and one who is born again will be a child of God.

The kingdom of heaven is the place where the children of God live as one family. Those who believe in this will be born again and become family members of heaven.

Amen!


1 comment:

  1. Jesus said like this "One should born again of water(word of God) and Spirit, he can see and enter the kingdom of God. (Jn 3:3, 5)
    So, he has true truth and freedom^^

    ReplyDelete